Skip to main content

2.4 Gestiona los Lectores

Gestiona los lectores

So, I met this groups of singer/songwriters and they all wanted to take out a book. I had to make them members first and screencapture the process. I thought maybe it was nice to have the students alphabetically interesting so I started with


A for Adele
B for Bruce  Springsteen
C for Cher         
D for David  Bowie
E for Ed  Sheeran       
F for Freddy Mercury       
G for George Michael                                   
H for Hugh Laurie (apart from being House, he also sings and plays instruments)

I wish I had time to do 26, but this is quite enough for our purpose. I saw that there's room for a picture in AbiesWeb (also in Abies2, by the way), so I asked for their photographs and they all made selfies! It's a nice bunch, what?


The pictures aren't really important, I gues, but it makes the website so much more interesting, doesn't it? I thought that the process was really easy and straightforward. For the moment I'm quite happy with the way this program or database works. Here's what I did:

I created some groups that I called Bliek1, Bliek2 and Bliek3 and made 4 of my students members of Bliek1 and the other four went to Bliek3. Bliek2, therefore, remained empty for the moment. We had to show the 3 groups, but the "empty groups" don't appear, so in my Screencapture you can see groups 1 and 3. Later I promoted 3 of the 4 students in Bliek1 so that they appeared in Bliek2. Result:
1 Reader (Lector) in Bliek1 (Bruce, poor guy)
3 Readers in Bliek2 (Adèle, Ed Sheeran and Hugh Laurie, all three recently promoted)

And 4 Readers in Bliek3 who had been there right from the beginning (Cher, David Bowie, Freddy Mercury and George Michael).

Here's the ScreenCapture Video that I shot with VSSCap and then edited in Pinnacle Studio so I could add a bit of music and some comments (and fireworks to celebrate the Also press on the button for a full screen as in this Picture promotion of some of the Readers/Students/Singers.) I aslo added a bit of music (a fragment of Strange Boat by The Waterboys) so don't forget to turn up the Volume.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3.5 Mi portfolio enriquecido

During this course (Bibliotecas Escolares y el uso de AbiesWeb) I stumbled upon this Online Cue prompter which might be an interesting option for students to read out texts and record themselves. With a bit of brainstorming I'm sure teachers will come up with creative ways of putting this application (until recently the monopoly of TV professionals) to good use. A fun way of making students aware of pronunciation, intonation and facial expression. With a little practice you can say things while it doesn't even look like you're reading! Ha Ha! These first words might be part of the script I'm using for this end-of-course video. I would continue like this: I suppose most of you already know of this tool, but perhaps you hadn't thought of using it for Reading purposes, so I'm going to use this prompter for my end-of-course video clip. I'll keep it short because I know you have to go through a lot of material. First of all my thanks to the makers of

3.4 Generar conocimiento en red

Mensenbieb I suppose that the Library we have at the EOIs are not the typical Biblioteca Escolar. Our students are mainly adults and we're not really educating the way we try to educate younger people of which the encouragement to read forms a part. Of course we do try to get our students to read, but mainly with an eye on language acquisition. As we have seen in some other enties in this blog we have acitivities that might serve as an incentive to reading such as the BookClub and the Literary contests that we organise. Some of the things we have seen during this course are surely going to contribute to a more attractive access to our library and its resources. So, when we are showing the library to new students we will consider how to visualise these new aspects. For this last point (3.4 I remembered a special library in Amsterdam that I will try esplain in the following lines and that might give extra ideas to Readers of this Blog and users of Libraries that are not famil