Skip to main content

1.3 Recomendación de recursos para seleccionar los fondos

§ 1.3 Recomendación de recursos para seleccionar los fondos

1. With the Database of Abies2 we get little more than a list of titles and a genre division of fiction and science fiction if the teachers in charge of registering the works fill in these options. The main way of choosing for our students is judging the book by its cover and the blurb on the back. The graded readers that we have, especially for our students at A2-B1 levels, are divided between levels 1-6 according to their vocabulary count. But we don't have a descriptive catalogue like the one I saw under the Tools in acquisition and selection called Lupa del Cuento. I loved the layout and the summaries of the stories and I'm especially interested in the cross-reference section called Temática as shown below:






The layout of Lupa del Cuento is very attractive with the cover stamp, the coloured toolbars and the tasteful and alluring synopsis. I just read the one for the first book Bajo el mismo cielo (Under the same sky) and immediately felt like taking açout the book devour it (even if it is for little kids). Here I'm not sure if I am to mention the author of a single book or the search method that I am describing. Fot the letter I cannot find the information, so I'll just state the author of the book I mentioned (Author: Britta Teckentrup)

I wish I could have an Loupe of Fairytales for the EOI Ávila. However, creating one of those must be really time-consuming and probably stays in the realm of Library professionals. Keep on dreaming!

Here's the info I found on the creators of Lupa del Cuento:

"Lupadelcuento" es el fruto del trabajo de un equipo de profesionales comprometidos con la educación, la literatura infantil/juvenil y las bibliotecas escolares.Nuestras primeras andaduras comenzaron allá por el año 1987 con la creación "Doce-Documentos de Educación", en 1993 recibimos el "Premio Ibertex en el sector educativo" otorgado por la Fundación Telefónica.En el año 1999 creamos "Leer y Vivir: literatura infantil y juvenil" que se distribuía desde la plataforma "Educared" de la Fundación Telefónica.En el año 2015, con nuevas secciones, se transforma en " Lupadelcuento". Hemos participado en diversos congresos y cursos, publicado artículos en revistas, y colaborado a lo largo de estos años con diferentes programas del Ministerio de Educación.

____________________________________________________________________________

2. In a similar vain I'm interested in cataloguing the DVDs that we have at school, mainly in the SpeakUp series. As with our books in the library, they appear in Abies without any kind of description or level assessment. So I'm interested in exploring the Filmoteca para Educación Primaria to see if for our material something similar could be devised. The system seems to have been set up by Javier Aisa, Andrea Aisa, Cristina García, Fernando Armendáriz y María Castejón and you can see the layout on the right.

If it were possible for the teachers to insert a synopsis of the films or a Rotten Tomatoes comment as in Wikipedia, this would make the choice for our students easeier.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2.4 Gestiona los Lectores

Gestiona los lectores So, I met this groups of singer/songwriters and they all wanted to take out a book. I had to make them members first and screencapture the process. I thought maybe it was nice to have the students alphabetically interesting so I started with A for Adele B for Bruce  Springsteen C  for Cher          D  for David  Bowie E  for Ed  Sheeran        F  for Freddy Mercury        G  for George Michael                                    H for Hugh Laurie (apart from being House , he also sings and plays instruments) I wish I had time to do 26, but this is quite enough for our purpose. I saw that there's room for a picture in AbiesWeb (also in Abies2, by the way), so I asked for their photographs and they all made selfies! It's a nice bunch, what? The pictures aren't really important, I gues, but it makes the website so much more interesting, doesn't it? I thought that the process was really easy and straightforward. For the momen

3.5 Mi portfolio enriquecido

During this course (Bibliotecas Escolares y el uso de AbiesWeb) I stumbled upon this Online Cue prompter which might be an interesting option for students to read out texts and record themselves. With a bit of brainstorming I'm sure teachers will come up with creative ways of putting this application (until recently the monopoly of TV professionals) to good use. A fun way of making students aware of pronunciation, intonation and facial expression. With a little practice you can say things while it doesn't even look like you're reading! Ha Ha! These first words might be part of the script I'm using for this end-of-course video. I would continue like this: I suppose most of you already know of this tool, but perhaps you hadn't thought of using it for Reading purposes, so I'm going to use this prompter for my end-of-course video clip. I'll keep it short because I know you have to go through a lot of material. First of all my thanks to the makers of

3.4 Generar conocimiento en red

Mensenbieb I suppose that the Library we have at the EOIs are not the typical Biblioteca Escolar. Our students are mainly adults and we're not really educating the way we try to educate younger people of which the encouragement to read forms a part. Of course we do try to get our students to read, but mainly with an eye on language acquisition. As we have seen in some other enties in this blog we have acitivities that might serve as an incentive to reading such as the BookClub and the Literary contests that we organise. Some of the things we have seen during this course are surely going to contribute to a more attractive access to our library and its resources. So, when we are showing the library to new students we will consider how to visualise these new aspects. For this last point (3.4 I remembered a special library in Amsterdam that I will try esplain in the following lines and that might give extra ideas to Readers of this Blog and users of Libraries that are not famil