Skip to main content

Infographic

1. Infographic tool
AbiesI had never heard of this thing so, again, I'm delighted to learn about this kind of stuff and assume that my colleagues and students will be too. If I can get to put it to good use in our library at the EOI Ávila, that is! I chose the first of the options in the instructions, so for my example I'm using Piktochart. I went throught the video and I liked the look of it and then I saw a template with a little pine tree. For the obvious reason that Abies has a little pine tree as a logo, I chose that template, even if the topic of the Template is something quite different. But let's see if I can get this thing to work....
 Piktochart EOI Avila
By the way. In earlier Posts I had inserted some tif pictures that didn't look too good because their background wasn't invisible. Now I'm using png and it looks much cooler, you know

So here's a link to my first Experience with Piktochart. I'm sure there's room for improvement. Also the Info is not at all valid or realistic. So beware!
Please click on the Piktochart logo above, or HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2.4 Gestiona los Lectores

Gestiona los lectores So, I met this groups of singer/songwriters and they all wanted to take out a book. I had to make them members first and screencapture the process. I thought maybe it was nice to have the students alphabetically interesting so I started with A for Adele B for Bruce  Springsteen C  for Cher          D  for David  Bowie E  for Ed  Sheeran        F  for Freddy Mercury        G  for George Michael                                    H for Hugh Laurie (apart from being House , he also sings and plays instruments) I wish I had time to do 26, but this is quite enough for our purpose. I saw that there's room for a picture in AbiesWeb (also in Abies2, by the way), so I asked for their photographs and they all made selfies! It's a nice bunch, what? The pictures aren't really important, I gues, but it makes the website so much more interesting, doesn't it? I thought that the process was really easy and straightforward. For the momen

3.5 Mi portfolio enriquecido

During this course (Bibliotecas Escolares y el uso de AbiesWeb) I stumbled upon this Online Cue prompter which might be an interesting option for students to read out texts and record themselves. With a bit of brainstorming I'm sure teachers will come up with creative ways of putting this application (until recently the monopoly of TV professionals) to good use. A fun way of making students aware of pronunciation, intonation and facial expression. With a little practice you can say things while it doesn't even look like you're reading! Ha Ha! These first words might be part of the script I'm using for this end-of-course video. I would continue like this: I suppose most of you already know of this tool, but perhaps you hadn't thought of using it for Reading purposes, so I'm going to use this prompter for my end-of-course video clip. I'll keep it short because I know you have to go through a lot of material. First of all my thanks to the makers of

3.4 Generar conocimiento en red

Mensenbieb I suppose that the Library we have at the EOIs are not the typical Biblioteca Escolar. Our students are mainly adults and we're not really educating the way we try to educate younger people of which the encouragement to read forms a part. Of course we do try to get our students to read, but mainly with an eye on language acquisition. As we have seen in some other enties in this blog we have acitivities that might serve as an incentive to reading such as the BookClub and the Literary contests that we organise. Some of the things we have seen during this course are surely going to contribute to a more attractive access to our library and its resources. So, when we are showing the library to new students we will consider how to visualise these new aspects. For this last point (3.4 I remembered a special library in Amsterdam that I will try esplain in the following lines and that might give extra ideas to Readers of this Blog and users of Libraries that are not famil